Typos and spelling mistakes can be embarrassing but even the most experienced content producers and technical writers make them. Here are a few examples of unfortunate typos which serve as a funny reminder to always double-check your copy before it is released!
1. The existential crisis. Are you sure you want to exist?
Credit to Reddit user /u/psychob
2. Shit happens. A really unfortunate misspelling of shoot by Pentax.
3. Beyond parody. British Government announces new language test for migrants with an embarrassing misspelling.
One of the first people to spot the mistake was Nick Wallis from BBC’s The One Show:
4. Child’s Play: It’s important to know the difference between “they’re” and “their”.
5. Regsiter? Nah, I think I’ll register with a company which doesn’t make spelling mistakes.
6. Reeding between the lines: I don’t think this Yellow Pages advert was proofread.
As the examples above show, we’re all human and mistakes do happen but they may cost your website, business or documentation their credibility and sometimes money. Always double-check your copy before publishing it.